Many films have been shot in Ischia, and another one is coming, directed by Italian filmmaker Gabriele Muccino. A new movie is a chance to discover new places to visit in Ischia and schedule your holiday here!
Last September, the set of a new film arrived in Ischia and stayed there for about two months. From that moment, actors and technicians have been involved in the new work of Gabriele Muccino, the Italian director of films like "The Pursuit of Happiness." Straight from Hollywood, Muccino has returned to his roots, in every sense; in fact, he was born in Ischia and now had the opportunity to set a story here—the story of a large Italian family. The film is called "A casa tutti bene" and will debut in Italy on February 14th.
There's a reason why you should know something about this work: it features many places to visit in Ischia on your next holiday!
Places to visit in Ischia that you will see in Muccino's film
The choice of setting the film in Ischia is not casual and does not only depends on the origins of the director: the island is, in fact, a symbol for Muccino, a closed place in which the characters are bound to face themselves and the other family members. Moreover,
Ischia is an open-air set, well-known among filmmakers of all times (have you already read our article about Ischia in the movies?).
For this reason, we should not focus so much on the cast and production, but rather on the true protagonist of this film: Ischia itself, with its views and the 150 extras (all islanders) that appear on the screen.
For instance, in the trailer, you can already see many scenes that show the beauty of Ischia (even on the stormy sea). Here are some stunning locations:
- the Aragonese Castle is one of the most imposing monuments on the island, located in the town of Ischia Ponte and open all year, from morning till sunset (and here you can watch one of the most beautiful sunsets on the Mediterranean Sea).
- In the town of Lacco Ameno you will find Villa Gancia, a manor built in the 1950s that enshrines a lavish exotic garden, full of bright colours and inebriating scents.
- On the south of the island you can visit Sant'Angelo, a picturesque village which is well known for Maronti Beach and "Le Fumarole", a volcanic beach heated by natural steam.
- Talking about filmmakers, the woods of Zaro have been loved by the great Luchino Visconti, who had his residence here at Villa La Colombaia, which is now a luxury hotel in Forio.
- Last but not least is the town of Casamicciola, with its thermal parks like Castiglione and O Vagnitiello (not to mention its many restaurants with typical cuisine).
And don't forget two other locations which you will see on screen (also because our private boats can take you there!): the islands of Procida and Ponza!
Contact us to plan your private boat trip in Ischia!
These are just some of the places in Ischia you should see with your own eyes: our private cruises will take you to beaches you can only reach by boat, exclusive resorts and stunning locations, such as the island of Capri and its Faraglioni. Drop us a line to book your private boat!